First Round Capital interviews Knewton’s Robbie Mitchell about why marketing should have its own engineers. Rishi Dean writes on his blog in part 1 of a 5-part series about what a Product Manager does.
About John GannonI have over 15 years of experience working in the trenches at successful startups, high growth companies, and VC firms. During that time, I've managed, interviewed, and coached hundreds of people -- and I've worked in almost every business functional role, including marketing, product management, and business development.
Author Archive | John Gannon
We’ve been live for about a year so I thought it was high time to share the most popular content on StartupCareerAdvice.com. When I looked at the list I wasn’t surprised to see that advice on negotiating startup job offers was at the top of the list – and made up 3 of the top 10! On […]
Kiip, a mobile advertising platform, is hiring a Sales Growth Associate. Buzzfeed, the social news and entertainment website, is hiring a Production Accountant.
Expa, a startup studio, is hiring an operations manager. Kiip, a mobile advertising platform, interviews Anand Iyer, CPO of Threadflip, about product management.
Fog Creek Software is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to propel the growth of their developer tools division. Steve Blank, a technology startup entrepreneur, writes on his blog about how to perceive the paths our lives take, and how our attitude about whether or not we can change things can affect our lives.
First Round Review interviews Heidi Rozen, an investor with DFJ Venture, about her life and career. Baydin, the developers of Boomerang for Gmail, are looking for a Marketing Mad Scientist.
Rhys Fisher writes about winning in the current job market on Medium. Uber, the startup transportation network company, is hiring a Director of Product Partnerships.
Meet the Contributors
Latest posts by Kevin Epstein (see all)
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- From startup founder to world class web company March 10, 2013
- Startup job hunting wisdom – Don’t be another resume in the pile! March 17, 2013
- Customer Success Career Advice from VMware and Appsense alum Dmitry Shkliarevsky March 17, 2013
- Video product manager career tips from a YouTube alum March 10, 2013
- Startup Career Advice for 7/23/14 July 23, 2014
- Top 10 startup career advice posts from the past year July 22, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/21/14 July 21, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/16/14 July 16, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/14/14 July 14, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/2/14 July 3, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 6/25/14 June 25, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 6/23/14 June 23, 2014
- Startup COO explains startup finance and operations jobs June 20, 2014
- 3 startup career advice questions for Comcast Ventures’ entrepreneur in residence June 17, 2014