Datadog is hiring a Product Marketing Manager in NYC. Work-Bench is hiring an Operations Associate in NYC.
About John GannonI have over 15 years of experience working in the trenches at successful startups, high growth companies, and VC firms. During that time, I've managed, interviewed, and coached hundreds of people -- and I've worked in almost every business functional role, including marketing, product management, and business development.
Author Archive | John Gannon
Mixpanel is hiring an Operations Manager in NYC. Samer Hamadeh writes for Noodle about how to get an internship at a startup.
Silicon Valley Bank is hiring an Early Stage Banking Associate II. Mark Suster writes about how to build online relationships into meaningful networks on his blog.
‘A VC’ writes about the question of doing things yourself vs. delegating. Ruben Harris writes for Medium about breaking into startups.
Mad Men. Cannes. Upfronts. If you get excited about these things then you might want to work at an ad tech startup. Here are some resources you can use to quickly educate yourself on the landscape – and get on the road to finding an ad tech startup job you’ll love. Ad Tech Companies LUMA Partners created and still maintains […]
Alex Iskold writes on his blog about how to ask for an introduction. Jake Furst from Foursquare, Joshua Goldstein from Underdog.io, and Michael Karnjanaprakorn from Skillshare, among others, answer “What is the best way to get hired by a startup in New York City?” on Quora.
Appboy is hiring interns and recent grads in NYC. Lynxsy lists the top 20 startups hiring for non-technical jobs in NYC.
Meet the Contributors
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Build iOS apps on a budget without learning to code October 15, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/27/14 August 28, 2014
- 12 point checklist for startup interview prep September 25, 2013
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- Don’t let them forget you February 6, 2014
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- Startup Jobs for 2/9/15 February 9, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 2/4/15 February 4, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 1/28/15 January 28, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/14/15 January 14, 2015
- 5 things you need to know to get an ad tech startup job January 13, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/12/15 January 12, 2015
- Startup Jobs for 1/7/15 January 7, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/5/15 January 5, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 12/31/14 December 31, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 12/29/14 December 29, 2014