ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP: Do you like technology? Do your friends look to you for the latest tech trends or for insight on their business ideas? Have you ever started your own business? Talent Tech Labs is the first and only incubator focused on HR technology. We are looking to change the way people hire. Our […]
About John GannonI have over 15 years of experience working in the trenches at successful startups, high growth companies, and VC firms. During that time, I've managed, interviewed, and coached hundreds of people -- and I've worked in almost every business functional role, including marketing, product management, and business development.
Author Archive | John Gannon
The Flatiron School is hiring a Campus Manager for business development, recruiting, operations, and admissions. Hacker School is taking applications.
be so enamored with the product that you would work for the company even if they didnt hire you….more importantly find where the needs are within the organization and be willing to do whatever it takes to help them fill the need (work for free even!)…and MOST importantly make sure that youre filling a need […]
Problogger writes about their top tips to nail that blogging job application. A VC/entrepreneur family in Chelsea is hiring a personal assistant.
First Round Capital interviews Knewton’s Robbie Mitchell about why marketing should have its own engineers. Rishi Dean writes on his blog in part 1 of a 5-part series about what a Product Manager does.
We’ve been live for about a year so I thought it was high time to share the most popular content on StartupCareerAdvice.com. When I looked at the list I wasn’t surprised to see that advice on negotiating startup job offers was at the top of the list – and made up 3 of the top 10! On […]
Kiip, a mobile advertising platform, is hiring a Sales Growth Associate. Buzzfeed, the social news and entertainment website, is hiring a Production Accountant.
Meet the Contributors
Latest posts by John Gannon (see all)
- Talent Tech Labs Internship Opportunity - July 30, 2014
- Startup Jobs for 7/30/14 - July 30, 2014
- Tristan Walker, Founder of Bevel on how to secure cool jobs at awesome startups - July 30, 2014
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- From startup founder to world class web company March 10, 2013
- Startup job hunting wisdom – Don’t be another resume in the pile! March 17, 2013
- Customer Success Career Advice from VMware and Appsense alum Dmitry Shkliarevsky March 17, 2013
- Video product manager career tips from a YouTube alum March 10, 2013
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- Talent Tech Labs Internship Opportunity July 30, 2014
- Startup Jobs for 7/30/14 July 30, 2014
- Tristan Walker, Founder of Bevel on how to secure cool jobs at awesome startups July 30, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/28/14 July 28, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 7/23/14 July 23, 2014
- Top 10 startup career advice posts from the past year July 22, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/21/14 July 21, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/16/14 July 16, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/14/14 July 14, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 7/2/14 July 3, 2014