Silicon Valley Bank is hiring an Early Stage Banking Associate II. Mark Suster writes about how to build online relationships into meaningful networks on his blog.
About John GannonI have over 15 years of experience working in the trenches at successful startups, high growth companies, and VC firms. During that time, I've managed, interviewed, and coached hundreds of people -- and I've worked in almost every business functional role, including marketing, product management, and business development.
Author Archive | John Gannon
‘A VC’ writes about the question of doing things yourself vs. delegating. Ruben Harris writes for Medium about breaking into startups.
Mad Men. Cannes. Upfronts. If you get excited about these things then you might want to work at an ad tech startup. Here are some resources you can use to quickly educate yourself on the landscape – and get on the road to finding an ad tech startup job you’ll love. Ad Tech Companies LUMA Partners created and still maintains […]
Alex Iskold writes on his blog about how to ask for an introduction. Jake Furst from Foursquare, Joshua Goldstein from Underdog.io, and Michael Karnjanaprakorn from Skillshare, among others, answer “What is the best way to get hired by a startup in New York City?” on Quora.
Appboy is hiring interns and recent grads in NYC. Lynxsy lists the top 20 startups hiring for non-technical jobs in NYC.
Refinery29 interviews Twitter exec Jessica Verrilli to give an inside look into the company. Anand Sanwal writes about the controversy of MBAs in the startup sphere on his blog.
Max Schireson writes about startup stock options on his blog. Brad Feld writes about identifying leaders by giving people assignments on his blog.
Meet the Contributors
Latest posts by John Gannon (see all)
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 1/28/15 - January 28, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/14/15 - January 14, 2015
- 5 things you need to know to get an ad tech startup job - January 13, 2015
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Build iOS apps on a budget without learning to code October 15, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/27/14 August 28, 2014
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- Don’t let them forget you February 6, 2014
- These top startups are all hiring people like you April 12, 2014
- How to become a superhero before your next startup interview August 5, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 1/28/15 January 28, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/14/15 January 14, 2015
- 5 things you need to know to get an ad tech startup job January 13, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/12/15 January 12, 2015
- Startup Jobs for 1/7/15 January 7, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/5/15 January 5, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 12/31/14 December 31, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 12/29/14 December 29, 2014
- Director of Operations and Community Manager Startup Jobs at Grand Central Tech in NYC December 23, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 12/22/14 December 22, 2014