CraftJam is a fast-growing New York-based startup that designs, hosts and manages real world DIY workshop events using an exciting digital platform to connect students and teachers. CraftJam is currently bootstrapped and founded by a serial entrepreneur who has raised money for her previous startup from Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Allen & Co, 500 Startups, and others.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial-minded COO, who
- Helps shape the strategy and business model, and build out this venture
- Keeps the trains running on time by building lightweight processes and controls
- Keeps us on track – and communicates to our stakeholders effectively – by establishing, measuring and reporting on key metrics
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Developing and executing business development and marketing strategies.
- Building financial models to support the business development and planning
- Evaluating strategic impact of major company decisions.
- Co-leading fundraising and partnership recruitment and management
- Setting up accounting software, hiring and managing a bookkeeper, writing financial reports, ensuring bills and invoices are paid on time, and invoices are sent.
- Managing recruitment and HR-processes, onboarding of new hires, setting up and running performance reviews and bonus programs.
- Setting up payment structures for JamMasters.
- Setting up and managing supply sourcing and management processes.
- Figuring out our office space, making sure office supplies are sufficient.
- Getting the right equipment and security, as well the right software.
You will create reports so that all employees understand how they’re performing against the set financial and operational goals like sales targets, content creation, cash burn, hiring pipeline, office expense budgets, etc. You will recommend the right things to measure, and keep management focused on pushing the high-priority levers to keep the business moving in the right direction.
Key to early-stage startups is the ability to pull external resources into the company. Whether it’s capital or professional services or software, you know that startups need to rely on the startup ecosystem for many of the functions that larger companies would have in-house. Finding those resources and negotiating those agreements efficiently is an important part of building a fast-growing company.
- MBA degree or equivalent job experience in various functional roles (sales, marketing, engineering, finance, customer support) at different sized companies or within a consulting company.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in group environments.
- Ideally 1-2 years experience in startup environment.
You are an early startup-person: understanding that they need hands-on people ready to do everything from building board-facing financial projections, to managing an office move, to filling out hiring paperwork and even taking out the trash and clean a table (we all do that). You possess a good cross-functional understanding and eagerness to get the details right, to build the platform on which the company can grow.
Location: New York City
Terms: Equity, Full-time
Other: Fun, hard working and talented team and the chance to do hip crafts with a group of passionate business and craft folks. Learning from cutting edge application of technology to a traditional market environment.
If you’re interested to learn more, please send a cover letter and CV to Nora Abousteit firstname.lastname@example.org.