NationSwell is seeking a Community & Membership Director to build and cultivate a dynamic and impactful national community. This person will work closely with the Council Director and team to create, contribute to, execute on, and track strategies that grow membership and deepen engagement both with our mission and among members. The ideal candidate will have experience building an engaged community, developing and managing a team, strong organizational and analytical skills, a keen attention to detail, the ability to communicate skillfully with a variety of stakeholders, a willingness to be held accountable, and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, start-up culture.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Act as the strategic and operational lead on executing and enhancing our membership product
- Work closely with the Council Director and members themselves to ensure that member experience reflects company vision and member expectations
- Manage and coach a membership team in the tools and best-practices for community management
- Meet explicit goals around new member growth, member renewal, community engagement, and overall member satisfaction
- Actively and regularly engage with members (in person/via phone) to provide value and generate impact
- Create and refine a consistent member feedback loop; analyze feedback, extract key learnings, and adjust
- Develop and implement strategy to support member diversity across interests, industries, and member backgrounds
- Work with Council team to generate and propose new ideas/tools that enhance member experience through programming, service, and engagement
- Lead coordination between Council chapters (NYC, DC and Bay Area) and future expansion cities
- Analyze data related to member growth and experience; use data to drive decisions, make adjustments based on performance, and inform strategy
- Assist – or take the lead – in hosting events
- Gather instances of impact to share with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess a passion for NationSwell’s core issues, mission, and vision
Base annual salary is highly competitive
NationSwell tells inspiring stories about innovative solutions to America’s great national challenges. We offer millions of readers and viewers a picture of what’s working in America as well as the means to take action in support of those efforts. We also do this through the NationSwell Council, a membership community of leaders and innovators who share a passion for national service and for engaging and collaborating around solutions to our national challenges. Through frequent events and extensive online- and offline-engagement with NSC staff and with each other, members of the Council advance creative solutions to bridge the opportunity divide; promote national service; protect the environment; and make government work. Bloomberg called the Council “a membership network of innovators” and The Huffington Post called it “a group of successful people… who share a passion for service.”
The current Council members, who joined by invitation only and pay an annual membership fee, include leading venture capital and impact investors; senior government officials; editors and media executives; CEOs of publicly-traded companies and tech startups; founders of leading hedge funds; award-winning actors, authors and filmmakers; some of the most impactful social entrepreneurs in the country; special forces veterans; and partners at leading financial services and consulting firms. The Council has chapters in NYC, DC, and the Bay Area.
To apply, email email@example.com.