Here’s the situation: you’re reaching out to someone in the startup community who you’ve met before but who you’re not particularly close with. You’re looking to reconnect with them – maybe about a job opportunity, or about a new product you’re selling. In short, you need their help. “How do I know her?” When you’re trying […]
Although it’s not quite as hard as negotiating cab fare, negotiating a startup job offer can be pretty tough, too. The good news is that you can learn from 4 of my past negotiating mistakes to help you quickly reach agreement on your startup job offer. Optimizing for cash rather than equity If you’re going […]
Congrats! That hot startup you’re interesting in working for wants to interview you. What’s next? To help with startup interview prep, I’ve compiled 12 tips based upon my experience having been both a startup hiring manager and someone who’s interviewed at plenty of startups over the years. I hope these tips help you nail […]
Artsy is hiring a People Operations Associate in NYC. Next Caller is hiring a Community Manager in NYC.
Work-Bench is hiring a Business Development Associate in NYC. Hunter Walk interviews Foursquare’s Noah Weiss on becoming a product VP that people can trust.
Ryan Paredez writes for CMX about how he went from fan of SwiftKey to full-time hire. Clever is hiring a Head of Inside Sales as well as an Account Executive in NYC.
Tech Generation has launched, which aims to connect hundreds of Massachusetts’ top students with internships at local tech startups. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Baro is looking for a Startup Marketing/Business Development Intern in NYC.
SocialFlow is looking for a Director of Business Operations in NYC. Matt Harmon writes for Medium about how to build your prototype faster than you think, without code.
TheSkimm offers advice to job applicants who live in a different city, state, or country than the job they are applying for. Alex Wilhelm writes for TechCrunch about how to speak startup.
Datadog is hiring a Product Marketing Manager in NYC. Work-Bench is hiring an Operations Associate in NYC.
Meet the Contributors
Latest posts by Edouard Valla (see all)
- Product management career advice and how an MBA can help - June 10, 2013
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Build iOS apps on a budget without learning to code October 15, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/27/14 August 28, 2014
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- These top startups are all hiring people like you April 12, 2014
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- How to become a superhero before your next startup interview August 5, 2014
- Startup Jobs for 3/30/15 March 30, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 3/23/15 March 23, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 3/18/15 March 18, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 3/9/15 March 9, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 3/4/15 March 4, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 3/2/15 March 2, 2015
- Startup Jobs for 2/9/15 February 9, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 2/4/15 February 4, 2015
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 1/28/15 January 28, 2015
- Startup Career Advice for 1/14/15 January 14, 2015
- Choosing the Right Startup
- Negotiating Startup Job Offers
- Startup Jobs
- Business Development Associate Startup Job at Work-Bench in NYC
- Community Manager Startup Job at Next Caller in NYC
- Director of Business Operations Startup Job at SocialFlow in NYC
- Head of Inside Sales and Account Executive Startup Jobs at Clever in NYC
- Operations Associate Startup Job at Work-Bench in NYC
- People Operations Associate Startup Job at Artsy in NYC
- Product Marketing Manager Startup Job at Datadog in NYC
- Startup Marketing/Business Development Internship at Baro in NYC
- Startup Jobs Book
- Write Better Job Search Emails