When you’re working at a startup, even if you’ve never touched Python or Photoshop, you still need to be able to get stuff done when technical or design tasks come your way. See my post at The Daily Muse to find out why.
Bowery Capital published a list of top tools for startup job seekers on their blog. Figure 1, a network for health professionals to view and share medical cases, is hiring a Director of User Growth.
(Originally published at The Daily Muse on October 16, 2013.) So, you want to ditch the corporate life and go work for a startup. Cool! But do you really understand what that would mean? Steve Blank, one of the fathers of the Lean Startup revolution, defines a startup as “an organization formed to search for a repeatable […]
HourlyNerd, an online marketplace that connects businesses to MBA alumni and students for short-term business consulting, is hiring an Enterprise Account Executive. Ellen Dasilva and Alexander Taub wrote a book about pitching and closing, and what you need to know about business development, partnerships, and making deals that matter that will be available on August 29th.
I’m offering a venture capital job hunting workshop in NYC on Wednesday August 20th. The last 3 times I’ve given this workshop it’s received 100% positive reviews. And I’m bringing even more content this time around to ensure that I can keep my perfect score If you’re looking for a startup job the workshop will also have lots […]
Knozen, developer of a social app that allows users to anonymously rate personalities, is hiring a Community Growth Manager. Jason Cohen, founder of WP Engine & Smart Bear Software, writes on his blog about the way to guarantee startup success.
Everyone wants to be a superhero. And in this post I’ll tell you exactly what you need to do to get superpowers before your next startup interview. With these superpowers you’ll be in a great position to absolutely crush your upcoming startup interviews. But before I give away that valuable secret, I need to make sure […]
Meet the Contributors
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- These top startups are all hiring people like you April 12, 2014
- 12 point checklist for startup interview prep September 25, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- Video product manager career tips from a YouTube alum March 10, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- Startup job hunting wisdom – Don’t be another resume in the pile! March 17, 2013
- Customer Success Career Advice from VMware and Appsense alum Dmitry Shkliarevsky March 17, 2013
- 3 Tech Skills You Absolutely Need—Especially if You Don’t Code August 13, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/13/14 August 13, 2014
- Want to Work for a Startup? Start Something August 12, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/11/14 August 11, 2014
- I’m hosting a Venture Capital Job Search Workshop on August 20th August 11, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/6/14 August 6, 2014
- How to become a superhero before your next startup interview August 5, 2014
- Startup Jobs for 8/4/14 August 4, 2014
- How to Land a Startup Job (Before Anyone Else Knows it’s Available) August 4, 2014
- Talent Tech Labs Internship Opportunity July 30, 2014