I’m doing an ask-me-anything style Q&A on Yabbly.com. You can check it out (and participate) at this link.
Archive | Career Advice RSS feed for this section
David Cowan shares a new hire at Smule who submitted a resume creatively. Chris Clouten writes about how no three-month course can teach you to code (well). Cheryl Yeoh writes about transitioning her career from finance/consulting to startups.
Darren Herman writes on his blog about the apprenticeship he would want to have. Betterment currently has the following job opportunities: PR Associate Acquisition Marketing Associate Product Marketing Associate Office Associate Operations Associate Mark Suster writes for Both Sides of the Table about one of his most frequent pieces of advice: being politely persistent.
ToutApp, a fast-growing B2B SaaS company, is hiring an MBA intern. MakeSpace, a cloud-integrated storage company, is hiring for multiple positions. Dave Girouard writes for the Upstart blog about how to negotiate a startup job offer.
Grand Central Tech Accelerator is accepting applications for its first class until May 1. GCT is housed in Facebook’s former NY HQ (43rd and Mad), and gives participants a year of free office space, free interns and access to great mentors — without taking any equity. The NYC Startup Job Fair aims to connect talented job […]
The Skimm writes about how to make the most of an interview. Stealth Mode makes a case for the intersection of startups and the liberal arts. Mark Suster writes about understanding the power of your human networks.
Jiyan Wei writes a guest post for Forbes about lessons unlearned while working at a startup. Lynxsy writes about startup roles for people without technical backgrounds.
Meet the Contributors
Latest posts by David Ginsburg (see all)
- What makes a great startup employee? Egoless, thoughtful execution - April 11, 2013
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- Startup job hunting wisdom – Don’t be another resume in the pile! March 17, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- Video product manager career tips from a YouTube alum March 10, 2013
- From startup founder to world class web company March 10, 2013
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- Customer Success Career Advice from VMware and Appsense alum Dmitry Shkliarevsky March 17, 2013
- I’m doing an ask-me-anything style interview on Yabbly April 22, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 4/21/14 April 21, 2014
- These top startups are all hiring people like you April 12, 2014
- 5 ways to rock any startup job fair April 9, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 4/7/14 April 7, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 4/2/14 April 2, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 3/31/14 March 31, 2014
- The worst startup career advice: “Start a blog” March 26, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 3/24/14 March 24, 2014
- Your startup job hunt depends on one thing March 22, 2014