Yep, it’s that time of year. We’re in ‘best of’ season again! So here are the most popular posts from startupcareeradvice.com in 2014 as “voted” by your clicks. Don’t let them forget you – a networking tip from one of the top VC’s in the world These top startups are all hiring people like you – we went nuts […]
Archive | Career Advice RSS feed for this section
Blake Harris writes for OpenView about 10 rules for being a VP of Marketing in a startup. Brendon Cassidy writes on LinkedIn about 10 rules for being a VP of Sales in a startup.
Breakout List writes about the reasons for joining a breakout company. Steli Efti writes for Close.io about a sales rep onboarding hack.
Yours truly writes a letter to his 22 year old self. UserVoice, a software-as-a-service provider of customer support tools, is hiring a Sales Development Representative in San Francisco.
Mark Suster, a venture capitalist, writes for Both Sides of the Table about investing in yourself. Q, an all-in-one office maintenance service, is hiring a Special Project Manager in NYC.
#134027445 / gettyimages.com One of the biggest misconceptions that folks new to the startup world have is that companies that have raised a ton of money are crushing it. There are plenty of examples of “lots of money raised” flops abound in the venture/startup world. For instance: Color ($41MM raised – sold to Apple for probably pennies on […]
Satya Patel writes about what makes a great project manager on his blog. Sabrina Bruning posted 15 great community manager job openings on CMX.
Meet the Contributors
- Don’t kid yourself – working at a startup is nothing short of chaos August 26, 2013
- The 4 mistakes I’ve made negotiating startup job offers October 20, 2013
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 8/27/14 August 28, 2014
- Build iOS apps on a budget without learning to code October 15, 2014
- Customer Success Career Advice from VMware and Appsense alum Dmitry Shkliarevsky March 17, 2013
- How do you move from SEM to VC to Mobile Startup? We asked Eric Friedman of Foursquare September 19, 2013
- 3 ways to aspire to startup work life balance August 18, 2013
- Startup marketing career advice – Focus on the 3C’s, not the 4P’s June 16, 2013
- Evaluating startup job offers versus BigCo dollars August 21, 2013
- Don’t let them forget you February 6, 2014
- The startup jobs posts you loved the most in 2014 December 22, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 12/18/14 December 18, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 12/16/14 December 16, 2014
- Startup Jobs for 12/10/14 December 10, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 12/8/14 December 8, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 12/3/14 December 3, 2014
- How to tell if a startup needs you November 20, 2014
- This startup raised a ton of money so it must be doing well November 15, 2014
- Startup Jobs and Career Advice for 11/10/14 November 10, 2014
- Startup Career Advice for 10/27/14 October 27, 2014